Thursday 15 January 2015

Micro Post: This Months Quote

This months quote is one of my favorites from the book "What Is Taekwondo Poomsae" By Lee Kyu Hyung 9th Dan. He is awsome. In the TKD study group I belong to there was a lot of discussion in December on TKD forms (primarily Chang Hon Ryu) and wether they were fit to teach self defense since in the Chang Hon Ryu self defense is drilled in the Ho Sin Sul (self defense) section. While I agree that you do not drill self defense when you are merely performing the forms I do believe that they can be relevant for Your self defense study if you chose to find the Applications to the forms and drill those in the self defense training you do. This can be done no matter if you practise the old Kwan forms of Karate origin (just look at Iain Abernethy`s books and DVDs), Chang Hon Ryu forms (look at Stuart Anslow`s books) or KTA forms (look at Simon O`Neill`s book and DVD series and or my blog). There are more resources than that but those I mentioned should give you a good place to start.



No comments:

Post a Comment